Rattlesnake Avoidance Training
This year’s rattlesnake avoidance clinic was held on May 13th and 14th, 2017.
Our next annual clinic will be in Spring 2018.
If you missed it and are looking for rattlesnake avoidance training, we highly recommend High on Kennels.
If you would like notified before the clinic next year, please fill out the form below and we’ll add you to our email list. Dates will be announced in Spring.
High on Kennels’ clinics are conducted in a safe, humane, and controlled environment ensuring the safety of your dog, people, and rattlesnakes. Using live, neutralized, local snakes, dogs will learn to identify and avoid the sight, sound, or scent of a rattlesnake (rattlesnakes have a distinct odor that dogs can discern from other snakes).
Clinic Details :
- The cost of the clinic is $80 per dog
- The number of appointments for the weekend are limited
- It will be held at Kindred Spirits’ training field at 3343 East Vista Way in Vista.
- It will take about an hour, a little more for multiple dogs. We’ll have shade and chairs setup, and of course water bowls.
- Your dog must be at least six months old
- No preparation is required before the clinic
How to Register :
Click here for online registration:
- Space is limited. Once an appointment time is reserved, it will no longer be available to other participants
- Advanced payment is required
- Online payments go through paypal or you may mail a check. Checks must be received within 5 days.
- No refunds will be issued for cancellations received within 7 days of the event
We’ll send a confirmation email with your appointment details. If you need us to confirm or change your appointment time, let us know.
At the Clinic :
- The clinic will be at Kindred Spirits’ training field at 3343 E. Vista Way in Vista
- Please arrive on time as appointments are tightly scheduled
- Plan for your appointment to take about an hour. This assures that proper attention is given to all dogs. Rattlesnake avoidance training is important and we want to give the needed time to all dogs.
- Please come to your appointment with your dog on leash and collar
- Dogs going through training may be nervous, please avoid contact between dogs
We’ll be there to greet you and we’ll have a check-in table at the gate.
Heavy rain will cancel the clinic. No cameras or videotaping allowed.